Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/09 22:27:18 UTC

Post-spam follow up.

Consider this the second bookend apology for spamming everyone's inbox.

The final outcome of this was to give people the ability to get a
rough idea on how much effort would be required for most of the issues
in JIRA. We now have three URL's that should be relatively stable for
people to use:

http://s.apache.org/couchdb-easy-issues
http://s.apache.org/couchdb-medium-issues
http://s.apache.org/couchdb-hard-issues

These are links to JIRA that lists issues group by relative
difficulty. The system I used in classifying each ticket was to make a
rough guess on how much code someone would have to read to be able to
fix the issue. I went through pretty quick, and some of the various
areas I don't know as well as others, so if you find something you
disagree with feel more than merry to update it.

Once again, apologies for the volume of email.

Paul Davis

Re: Post-spam follow up.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Paul, thanks for kicking some major ass here!

Cheers
Jan

Re: Post-spam follow up.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
Paul, this is very awesome! Thanks a lot for the classification, a really great idea! Let's hope that more users are encouraged to contribute - I am for sure!

Best

Sebastian