Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by th...@kodak.com on 2006/08/18 12:23:25 UTC

Re: XPath && getBBox()

Hi Ruben,

    This question should be asked on batik-users not batik-dev, batik-dev
is
for development of Batik, not for developers using Batik.

Ruben Malchow <ru...@khm.de> wrote on 08/18/2006 06:06:35 AM:

> number 1:
>
> why can't i select g nodes with XPath? i do this:

   I don't know much about XPath but I would suspect that
the problem is namespaces.  You probably need to tell
XPath that you want the 'g' elements in the SVG namespace.

>    XPathFactory xpf=XPathFactory.newInstance();
>    XPath xp=xpf.newXPath();
>    XPathExpression xpe=xp.compile("//g");

> number 2:
>
> what do i have to do to initialize the SVGLocatableSupport user for
> getBBox() so that it isn't null? obviously, the SVGContext might be
> null, but how do i obtain a properly initialised SVGContext object?

   Please see the Batik Wiki, in particular:
        http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-batik/BootSvgAndCssDom