Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Karl Ostendorf <kw...@yahoo.com> on 1999/10/09 10:27:04 UTC

Hello. Where is everybody?

Hello,

I dropped off of this list a couple of months ago because there was just too
much traffic for me to keep up with.  There was a lot of discussion about the
direction Jakarta should go in - whether it should be just for Apache or its
own java-based web server, JDK 1.1 or 1.2, etc.  What happened?  Did Sun ever
turn over the code?

I'm running Apache/Jserv with Sun's jsp engine they have for free on their
website.  I upgraded from GNUJSP because I wanted something JSP 1.0
compliant.   The combination doesn't work quite well because JServ only
supports JSDK 2.0 and the Sun jsp engine expects JSDK 2.1.  Now I'm thinking
of moving to Webspehere or JRun.  Any ideas?

=====
Karl Ostendorf
karl@ostendorf.com

Re: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by Danno Ferrin <dr...@email.byu.edu>.
If you want to stick with JServ you could try my JSP Implemenation, JCCSP at
http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/  It includes support for taglibs as
defined in the 1.1 spec and is 1.0 feature complete (although there are a
couple of minor vaience issues I need to fix soon, otherwise it works).  I
hope to have it 1.1 feature complete soon as well.  The problem with the
taglib support is that there are no cool taglibs to show off right now...

Re: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Karl Ostendorf wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I dropped off of this list a couple of months ago because there was just too
> much traffic for me to keep up with.  There was a lot of discussion about the
> direction Jakarta should go in - whether it should be just for Apache or its
> own java-based web server, JDK 1.1 or 1.2, etc.  What happened?  Did Sun ever
> turn over the code?

Finally all legal stuff are cleared, and the code is going to be
published in days... Stay tuned... Because this time it's real :-)

(I'm so happy!)

	Pier
--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli - IBM Center for Java Technologies
<ma...@us.ibm.com>   <ma...@apache.org>

Re: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by Bob Byron <bb...@radit.com>.
> The legal stuff is over - Sun and the ASF have reached their agreement.
> Public access to the source code will be available in a few days time.

Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to get my copy.

Bob Byron
RAD Systems, Inc.
www.radit.com

Re: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by James Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
> Congrats to the people involved!

Thanks -- a lot of people are making this happen :)

> (Hope I can contribute someway)

I'm sure you will be. When we go live, just find what you want to do and
dive in!

.duncan

Re: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by "T.R.Tielkes" <T....@zap.a2000.nl>.
Congrats to the people involved!

(Hope I can contribute someway)

Regards,
Taras

Re: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by James Davidson <du...@x180.com>.

RE: Hello. Where is everybody?

Posted by Vince Bonfanti <vi...@newatlanta.com>.
I would (selfishly) recommend that you also try ServletExec 2.2, which
supports JSP 1.0 and JSDK 2.1.

	http://www.newatlanta.com

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC