Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Serkan Demir <se...@oksijen.com> on 2006/03/14 17:46:29 UTC

Is MINA appropriate for blocking messaging

Hello guys,

At the beginning, your project is splendid, thanks for your work.
I want to implement an IP-based protocol with MINA (protocol is
Diameter, RFC 3588). I have a proof of concept implementation of this
protocol built on oswego concurrent api and blocking messaging.
As an introduction, I have implemented a simple flow for my protocol
with MINA by putting logic into protocol layer, but i am currently a
newbie.
Thus, i have some questions for you.
1) As a first question "Is MINA appropriate for blocking messaging"? I
need to block sending party thread until answer comes. If your answer is
yes, could you suggest a todo list for me?
2) Can MINA easily integrate with oswego concurrent api, and by the way
Tiger concurrent package ? If answer is yes, i am a candidate to do. I
need a similar queue implementation on which my sending thread polls
this queue until some timeout value and waits a new item to enter queue.

I might ask some dummy questions, because this is my second day with MINA.

thanks lot,

Serkan