Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/08 17:37:23 UTC

jms appender

we're interested in creating a centraliszed logging solution. we'd also like
to have logging have as little impact to the application (logging should be
fast). our thought is to combine a jms logger on the "client" side, and have
a jms listerner which logs the message using jdbc logger.

are there any gotchas to watch out for something like this? will the logging
maintain its consistancy over a local filesystem based logging (meaning that
the logs are in the correct order)? will a jms logger on the client be
heavier or lighter than a filesystem based logger? would it be a good idea
to use a MDB to process the incoming logs, or just a jms listener?

thanks!
~mark