Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com> on 2008/05/06 06:11:37 UTC

Re: Customizing login module

Hello list,

  Now, I have a work that like Mu Baosen's question,
  and our idea just like Mu Baosen's thinking, and I'm finding out the way
to do it.
  Does it possible? or there has another way to do not in the login module?

  maybe I could be difference way, but I think I need a way to use
  PortalAdministration and Managers legally without portlet, and maybe in a
Servlet or LoginModule.
  Does it possible?

  If it is possible to use PortalAdministration and Managers in Servlet or
LoginModule,
  what should I do? setting some configurations or ...?

  Please let me know does it possible?! thanks ^_^

Best Regards,
Bon

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On May 5, 2008, at 9:11 PM, Bon wrote:
>

>> Hello list,
>>
>>  If it is possible to use PortalAdministration and Managers in
>> Servlet or
>> LoginModule,
>>  what should I do? setting some configurations or ...?
>>
>>  Please let me know does it possible?! thanks ^_^
>>
> Im not sure if I completely understand the question.
> Jetspeed does work fine with with container managed security, as by
> default, we use our own login module to authenticate
> You can also use other login modules, such as this example:
>
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-ntlm.html
>
> We are also working on a shibboleth example to add to the online docs

Hello David,

  My boss required me to find out a way to create a j2 user account in the
login process,
  if a user login into our server and he/she without a j2 user account but
he/she pass through
  our new login authentication.

  so, if a user is not exist in j2 but it can pass through the
authentication, then we must add
  a j2 user account for this user in the login processing procedure.
  so, I want to know how to create a new j2 portal-user account in Servlet
or LoginModule.
  I've read the UserRegersiterPortlet source code, and I know if I want to
create a portal-user
  account that what kinds of the procedure should be done, and its need some
components like
  Managers and PortalAdministration, so I need to know how to get those
components or is it
  possible to create a portal-user account without a portlet and how to do?

Best Regards,
Bon

Re: Customizing login module

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.