Posted to users@maven.apache.org by je...@accenture.com on 2007/01/16 12:09:59 UTC

bildNumber issue

Hi all,

I'm having a problem concerning the codehaus buildNumber plugin for
Maven

(http://commons.ucalgary.ca/projects/maven-buildnumber-plugin/index.html
).

I'm working an a project with a few collegues.

Our code is being managed by Subversion.

We use Maven to maintain the project.

Here's a description of the problem:

When I want to build the eclipse files for the project with
eclipse:eclipse, I get a fatal error.

In the command window logs I can see that the Subversion buildNumber
equals null, so a NullPointerException is being thrown.

I can't figure out why this happens when I'm building the eclipse
project files.

Here's the content of my pom regarding the buildNumber plugin:

<plugin>

            <configuration>

                        <archive>

                                    <manifest>

<addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>

                                    </manifest>

                                    <manifestEntries>

<Subversion-Revision>${buildNumber}</Subversion-Revision>

                                    </manifestEntries>

                        </archive>

            </configuration>

</plugin>

<plugin>

            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

            <artifactId>maven-buildnumber-plugin</artifactId>

            <version>0.9.4</version>

            <executions>

                        <execution>

                                    <phase>validate</phase>

                                    <goals>

                                               <goal>create</goal>

                                    </goals>

                        </execution>

            </executions>

            <configuration>

                        <doCheck>false</doCheck>

                        <doUpdate>false</doUpdate>

            </configuration>

</plugin>

<scm>

<connection>scm:svn:http://xxx:xxxx/svn/userMgtDev/${project.artifactId}
</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:http://xxx:xxxx/svn/userMgtDev/${project.ar
tifactId}</developerConnection>

<url>http://xxx:xxxx/svn/userMgtDev/${project.artifactId}</url>

</scm>

<pluginRepositories>

<pluginRepository>

                        <id>tlc</id>

                        <name>TLC Repository</name>

                        <url>http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2</url>

            </pluginRepository>

</pluginRepositories>

So the odd thing is, if I check out all the code from the Subversion
repository, and run eclipse:eclipse all works fine on my workstation.

I tried this on someone else his workstation, and it failed. The
buildNumber could not be retrieved.

And on a third workstation, it also succeeded.

Is there anyone who has an idea what the problem could be ?

Thx in advance.

Jelle

Re: bildNumber issue

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

berndq a écrit :
> Hi jelle
>> Hi Bernd,
>>
>> Thx for your reply.
>> Yes we are running localized svn clients.
>> But what do you mean with "switch your svn to English".
>> We have the dir share/locale/*lot's of subdirs for every language* in
>> the svn install dir. How can I ensure svn is in English ?
>
> As said: Rename the "share" folder.
>
> If you rename this folder svn it will not find the localized messages
> anymore and will default to english. just run "svn help" or something to

You don't need to rename it.
If you set LC_MESSAGES env var to en_EN, svn will be in english

Emmanuel

Re: bildNumber issue

Posted by berndq <be...@gmx.net>.
Hi jelle