Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Greg Dritschler <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/18 00:00:40 UTC

more policy intent inheritance questions

I have a couple of more questions about intent inheritance.

(1) The Java C&I spec shows examples of putting interaction (binding) intent
annotations in classes.  For example:

@Integrity("transport")
@Authentication
public class HelloService {
@Integrity
@Authentication("message")
public String hello(String message) {...}

    @Integrity
    @Authentication("transport")
    public String helloThere() {...}
}

It's not really explicitly stated how interaction annotations in the class
should be handled.  The Tuscany code currently associates them with the
implementation model as if they are implementation intents.  Because
implementation intents get moved up to the component model, the intents then
get propagated to the component's services AND REFERENCES.  I think it is
right to propagate them to the services, but not to the references (since
references can be directly annotated).  Comments?

(2) I noticed a spec JIRA http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-49 which
says that the spec does not address how implementation intents should be
handled when used on implementation.composite.  I haven't tried this to see
what Tuscany does, but I don't see code that appears to handle this case.  I
would think that the intents should be applied to all of the component
implementations in the referenced composite.  Comments?

Greg