Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/10/24 23:41:34 UTC

Worrying JUnit5 results

Hi all,

I just noticed something.

A while ago I added a test in the S7 module, which tested all sorts of combinations of types.
This test alone added more than 7000 tests to the test-suite. We could see that in the trend for tests on Jenkins.
Today I noticed a huge drop in the number of executed tests and it currently seems as if Junit5 tests are no longer being executed correctly.

I’ll investigate the issue, but I have to admit that my trust in Junit 5 is again beginning to sink dramatically.

Chris

AW: Worrying JUnit5 results

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hey Chris,

I'm no Jenkins and no groovy expert, but shouldn't this be doable in the Jenkinsfile... there should be some way to get the number of executed tests from the context and simply fail the build (or set it to yellow) if number of tests is lower than last run (should be doable via Jenkins REST API from build number -1).

But.. sounds like a typical task which is "easy" and "can be done fast" and takes 2 days in the end 😃

Julian

PS.: Added my comment also th the Jira.