Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2001/08/02 08:33:24 UTC

Re: windows jar packaging problem

Christian Nentwich wrote:
> - getLocalName not defined in org.w3c.dom.Element (although
> inherited from Node)
> - getNameSpaceURI not defined in org.w3c.dom.Element (similar)

Sounds like a classpath issue. Check to make sure that something
hasn't dumped a Jar file with an older DOM into the jre/lib/ext
directory of your Java2 JDK installation.

Re: windows jar packaging problem

Posted by Christian Nentwich <c....@cs.ucl.ac.uk>.
> > - getLocalName not defined in org.w3c.dom.Element (although
> > inherited from Node)
> > - getNameSpaceURI not defined in org.w3c.dom.Element (similar)
> Sounds like a classpath issue. Check to make sure that something
> hasn't dumped a Jar file with an older DOM into the jre/lib/ext
> directory of your Java2 JDK installation.

Nope, nothing in there, and there are also no other XML parsers in the
classpath. Recompiling the xerces jar and overwriting the xerces jar in the
classpath immediately rectified the problem.

We have seen this on more than one machine.. however, to be fair, it now seem
that 'ant' may have something to do with it. These messages only occur when
compiling our app with ant, when we execute Xerces by hand, they *seem* to go
away.. very strange.

We'll keep you posted.

Christian