Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@zenoconsulting.biz> on 2006/12/07 18:03:39 UTC

mvn and JUnit 4.1

Hi, we use JUnit 4.1 in eclipse, but when we run the tests from the
cmd line with mvn, it seems to fail and not use JUnit 4.1 but it uses
the old 3.8.1.

Is there some way to force mvn to use JUnit 4.1?

The mvn release is 2.0.4 we are using.

Thanks in advance,
Davis

Re: mvn and JUnit 4.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/7/06, Davis Ford <da...@zenoconsulting.biz> wrote:
> Hi, we use JUnit 4.1 in eclipse, but when we run the tests from the
> cmd line with mvn, it seems to fail and not use JUnit 4.1 but it uses
> the old 3.8.1.
>
> Is there some way to force mvn to use JUnit 4.1?

In general, add a <dependency> on the junit version you want it to use.

However, as Any mentioned, JUnit 4 features aren't supported yet.

Google turned this up.  I haven't tried it.
http://wiki.unto.net/Maven_JUnit4_plugin

--
Wendy

Re: mvn and JUnit 4.1

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
Currently maven does not support Junit 4 in the surefire plugin (default
test framework) there is a JIRA for it so you can go and vote for it :)

Andy

RE: mvn and JUnit 4.1

Posted by Bram de Kruijff <br...@gx.nl>.
> Hi, we use JUnit 4.1 in eclipse, but when we run the tests
> from the cmd line with mvn, it seems to fail and not use
> JUnit 4.1 but it uses the old 3.8.1.
>
> Is there some way to force mvn to use JUnit 4.1?
>
> The mvn release is 2.0.4 we are using.

Hi Davis,

there is no support AFAIK. You can monitor this issue here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-31

regards,
Bram