Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by davidyce <ye...@ncs.com.sg> on 2016/08/08 04:15:49 UTC

Postgresql Database Lock Issue in Master-Slave setup

Hi,

We have a problem when we shut down serverA (hosting amq master), server B
(hosting amq slave) did not run as Master.  In the end, amq becomes blocked.
No incoming, no outgoing messages.  Our initial investigation is due to the
amq slave not able to acquire the database lock which amq master is still
holding on.

OS: Centos 7
Activemq version:5.9.0
Postgre database:9.5.3
amq master:61616
amq slave:61617

Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Postgresql Database Lock Issue in Master-Slave setup

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
You should test the behavior both when you kill the broker (kill -9 or
equivalent) and when you stop the broker (via the shutdown script).  You
may see different behavior between a hard kill and a clean shutdown...

Posted by davidyce <ye...@ncs.com.sg>.
hi Tim

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Postgresql-Database-Lock-Issue-in-Master-Slave-setup-tp4715112p4715151.html

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.