Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by KylinPOC <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/03 20:31:04 UTC

Kylin sync Hive table gives error

Hi Kylin Team,

I created a new project and want to load Hive table metadata in Kylin. The
table exists in Hive (default database). But, 'Sync Hive table' gives an
error: NoSuchObjectException(message:table not found).

Earlier, in my previous post, faced the issue where Kylin did not create
Hive tables. I followed the installation guide from Kylin website for Hadoop
install without distro. Is there any setting/configuration that needs to be
changed for this to work? Appreciate your inputs.

Re: Kylin sync Hive table gives error

Posted by yu feng <ol...@gmail.com>.
First, I think you should check your hive env with hive command and check
if the table exist in default database, if it is true, you should sync hive
table with default.tablename(for safety), Kylin will create HiveClient with
config file hive-site.xml when sync hive table in kylin , the last step,
you should check whether only one hive-site.xml which is the file of hive
are using.