Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/07/20 19:57:40 UTC

Re: [DOC] Re: [3.2] JSP Compiling Classpath issues -- finding WEB-INF/class es

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Rob S. wrote:

> Ahhhh, maybe I should add this to the INSTALL.txt file - unset your
> CLASSPATH before starting TC?  I've logged into my fair share of *nix boxes
> where the admins have conveniently set a system-wide CLASSPATH containing an
> XML parser, etc.

The standard Tomcat 4 startup scripts already ignore your CLASSPATH
variable, and reconstruct one tuned to its needs.  If you want to make
application classes available to all web apps, put them (unpacked) into
$CATALINA_HOME/classes or in JAR files under $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

Craig

Re: [DOC] Re: [3.2] JSP Compiling Classpath issues -- finding WEB-INF/class es

Posted by Will England <wi...@mylanders.com>.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Rob S. wrote:
> > Ahhhh, maybe I should add this to the INSTALL.txt file - unset your
> > CLASSPATH before starting TC?  I've logged into my fair share of *nix boxes
> > where the admins have conveniently set a system-wide CLASSPATH containing an
> > XML parser, etc.
> >
> The standard Tomcat 4 startup scripts already ignore your CLASSPATH
> variable, and reconstruct one tuned to its needs.  If you want to make
> application classes available to all web apps, put them (unpacked) into
> $CATALINA_HOME/classes or in JAR files under $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

So, does that cross-apply to having all of your classes from /classes and
/lib available for the JSP's to use when being compiled by Jasper?

Will