Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Ashish Mukherjee <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/07 15:58:44 UTC

Solr support

Hello,

I have been toying with Apache MetaModel lately and find it really suitable
for some of my needs.

However, there is no Solr support currently. If no one else is working on
that at the moment, I would like to develop it and release it back to the
project.  I was also wondering if there is any documentation which provides
detailed explanation of the base interfaces.

I would need other connectors too, so am thinking of developing them and
contributing them back, if they are not already present.

Regards,
Ashish

Re: Solr support

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish,

You're right - there is no Solr connector. Would be very cool if you wanted
to work on one. So in advance - thank you for taking the initiative!

Some getting started advice on new connectors can be found here [1].
There's also a short introduction/tutorial here [2]. And obviously the
existing modules (such as the ElasticSearch module which I can imagine is
quite similar to Solr) and the javadocs [3] are important developer
resources.

Best regards,
Kasper

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/metamodel/GettingStartedNewConnectors