Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kevin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/18 21:02:31 UTC

multiget_slice failed: unknown result"

hi guys
i keep getting this error pretty sporadically. how to fix this? i am using
cassandra 0.5rc3
thanks!

  data = client.multiget_slice(keyspace, keys, column_parent, predicate,
ConsistencyLevel.ONE)
  File "/home/work/common/lazyboy/connection.py", line 116, in func
    raise exc.ErrorThriftMessage(message)
ErrorThriftMessage: multiget_slice failed: unknown result" while reading
upstream,

Re: multiget_slice failed: unknown result"

Posted by kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.
i also get this error randomly!

data = client.multiget_slice(keyspace, keys, column_parent, predicate,
ConsistencyLevel.ONE)
  File "/home/work/common/lazyboy/connection.py", line 109, in func
    return getattr(client, attr).__call__(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/work/common/cassandra/Cassandra.py", line 300, in
multiget_slice
    return self.recv_multiget_slice()
  File "/home/work/common/cassandra/Cassandra.py", line 322, in
recv_multiget_slice
    result.read(self._iprot)
  File "/home/work/common/cassandra/Cassandra.py", line 1699, in read
    fastbinary.decode_binary(self, iprot.trans, (self.__class__,
self.thrift_spec))
TypeError: got wrong ttype while reading field" while reading upstream,

Posted by Drew Schleck <dr...@gmail.com>.
Can you call multiget_slice a large number of times from raw Thrift
without any issue?

Posted by Drew Schleck <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Schleck <dr...@gmail.com>.