Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Seaver <sa...@northwestern.edu> on 2004/02/10 18:46:21 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5 and applet

It's all in the html, it doesnt really matter if its tomcat or not,
because even if you're using JSP, you're still reverting to
html to get the browser to display the applet (i dont trust <jsp:plugin>
btw, though the latest tomcat might support it better).

I simply use this:

<object classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
width="1000" height="700"
codebase="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4_0-win.cab#Version=1,4,0,0">
<param name="CODE" value="">
<param name="CODEBASE" value="">
<param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;version=1.4">
<param name="mayscript" value="true">
<COMMENT>
<embed type="application/x-java-applet;version=1.4"
width="1000" height="700" pluginspage="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/"
CODE="" CODEBASE=""
mayscript="true"
><noembed>
You do not have Java 1.4.2.
Use the "Java" button to get it now!
</noembed></embed>
</comment>
</object>

I assume you already know how to use the class and codebase parameters
Cheers