Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mariano Semelman <ma...@despegar.com> on 2016/09/26 14:37:48 UTC

SparkLauncher not receiving events

Hello,

I'm having problems to receive events from the submited app. The app
succesfuly submits, but the listener I'm passing to SparkLauncher is not
receiving events.

Spark Version: 1.6.1 (both client app and master)

here are the relevant snippets I'm using in my code:
https://gist.github.com/msemelman/d9d2b54ce0c01af8952bc298058dc0d5

BTW the logger is correctly configured if you ask for that. I even debugged
the spark code and put some breakpoints
in org.apache.spark.launcher.LauncherServer.ServerConnection#handle to
check if any message were coming but nothing.

Here it is the verbose output of the submission:
https://gist.github.com/msemelman/2367fe4899886e2f2e38c87edfe4e9a9
And what the master shows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/afmhnn3ra9wndca/Screenshot%20Master.png?dl=1

Any help would be much appreciated, even if you told me where to debug, I'm
a bit lost here.

Thanks in advance

Re: SparkLauncher not receiving events

Posted by Mariano Semelman <ma...@despegar.com>.
Solved,
tl;dr
I was using port: 6066 instead of 7077,

I got confused because of this message in the log when I submit to the
legacy port:

[info] - org.apache.spark.launcher.app.ActivitiesSortingAggregateJob -
16/09/26 11:43:27 WARN RestSubmissionClient: Unable to connect to server
spark://ponyo:7077.
[info] - org.apache.spark.launcher.app.ActivitiesSortingAggregateJob -
Warning: Master endpoint spark://ponyo:7077 was not a REST server. Falling
back to legacy submission gateway instead.

That's why I started using the 6066 (rest), that was a some time ago.

But it seems that for some unknown reason to me sparkLauncher listeners
don't work with the rest port, absolutely all the logs (ie: client, master,
worker, driver) don't show anything at all.

Well, I hope I didn't make anyone spend too much time on this and saved
some other soul a few days with this.
​​
​Mariano