Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru> on 2005/05/23 09:50:53 UTC

html caching in work/cache in 1.2.3 (default pub)

Thursday, May 19, 2005, 10:47:59 PM, J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:

>> Le message suivant a été écrit par qMax le 18. 05. 05 08:58:
>>
>>>What is the reason of using additional caching in /pubdir/work/cache ?
>>>Is cocoon cache not enough ?
>>>
>>>This cache completely prevents using url parameters.

JWK> qMax, do you mean that URL parameters no longer work at all in Lenya
JWK> 1.2.3 ? What are you doing with the URL parameters, using them in an XSL
JWK> stylesheet ? (this is what I use them for, for a custom doctype)
Yes, this is exactly what I do: I pass them to xsl transformation in
doctypes.xmap.

JWK> If this is indeed the case, does anybody have more information on this ?
JWK> Such as, what was changed between Lenya 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 that would cause
JWK> URL parameters to no longer be passed on to the XSL ?
In default publication, publication-sitemap.xmap, pipeline "*.html"
there is writing result of lenyabody-* to directory work/cache:
  <map:select type="resource-exists">
    <map:when test="{global:cache-dir}/{../1}.html">
      <map:read src="{global:cache-dir}/{../1}.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
    </map:when>
    <map:otherwise>
       <map:generate src="cocoon:/lenyabody-view/{page-envelope:publication-id}/{page-envelope:area}/{page-envelope:d
       <!-- here goes writing in into cache directory -->
    </map:otherwise>
  </map:select>

This match of cause ignores parameters and another things that
might affect rendering (e.g. current date).
It's ok for default publication, since there are no such pages.
But not for real publication based on default.

--
 qMax