Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Christian Nentwich <c....@cs.ucl.ac.uk> on 2001/08/20 11:37:08 UTC

windows jar problem

Dear all,

I wrote to you a while ago about a problem with Xerces in Windows. We have
now localized the problem, which is nothing to do with the jar file.. the
problem is that when compiling applications that use Xerces with ant, ant
somehow
manages to stick its own parser into the class path when passing arguments
to jikes.

Seems like ant's parser uses an older version of the DOM, hence we get loads
of error messages (getLocalName not found, etc.).. So, a problem for the ant
guys, but perhaps worth mentioning in your release info? The fix is to
manually
specify a classpath in build.xml. And btw, this bug only occurs in windows
(?)

Christian