Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Nikhil Gupta <ni...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/25 17:54:59 UTC

OpenOffice Build Error

Hi everyone,
i am Nikhil from India. I am novice to open source as of now but really
interested to learn and contribute for this organization.
I have been trying to set up OpenOffice environment on my Ubuntu(14.04)
system. I am following the steps given on the official site.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

I have completed all the build requirements that has been stated in this
page:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

I build and installed dmake and epm by following source.
But when I runs ./bootstrap in main directory it says No such File or
directory

Do i have to manually download it or what to do.

I would be really very grateful, if I could get help in this. I am
totally stuck. I have tried lot many ways but couldn't resolve the
errors.

Thank you Team in anticipation!

Regards,
Nikhil

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
What was the output of configure?

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
> dmake is located in search path
means it has found dmake. I would not say it is an error.

> unalias: gunzip not found
this does not sound good. I would install gunzip.

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Nikhil Gupta <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Nikhil Gupta <ni...@gmail.com>.
The output of main/soenv file

The output of epm configure is

The output of dmake configure is

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Nikhil Gupta <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yes you are right.

Re: OpenOffice Build Error

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 25.01.19 um 19:27 schrieb Nikhil Gupta:
>   Yes,I had already installed unowinreg.dll from the above mentioned source.
> But the problem still remains.
> Are there any log files generated when we build the OpenOffice.
> So that we can check out where the problem occured.

I wonder that you are asking. When you start the build your screen
should be full of it. ;-)

It would be helpful when you can give us this output.

Marcus

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> did you install
>>
>> cd main
>>
>> wget -O external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll
>> http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dll
>>
>> which is one line
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Am 25.01.19 um 18:54 schrieb Nikhil Gupta:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> i am Nikhil from India. I am novice to open source as of now but really
>>> interested to learn and contribute for this organization.
>>> I have been trying to set up OpenOffice environment on my Ubuntu(14.04)
>>> system. I am following the steps given on the official site.
>>>
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>>
>>> I have completed all the build requirements that has been stated in this
>>> page:
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>>>
>>> I build and installed dmake and epm by following source.
>>> But when I runs ./bootstrap in main directory it says No such File or
>>> directory
>>>
>>> Do i have to manually download it or what to do.
>>>
>>> I would be really very grateful, if I could get help in this. I am
>>> totally stuck. I have tried lot many ways but couldn't resolve the
>>> errors.
>>>
>>> Thank you Team in anticipation!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Nikhil