Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Thomas Skovsende <tt...@image.dk> on 2002/07/19 23:36:58 UTC

Problem with contacting pop3 server with external IP

Hi there!

My setup is as follows:
One local area network with a linux server with james, and my work
machine all behind a speedstream router!

All is fine if i use the local ip(192.168.1.240) to contact the pop3
server, but if i try to use the external dnsname(mail.uoe.dk) my
mailclient(Mozilla) says it cant connect.

Router is set up proberly(i can telnet to mail.uoe.dk on port 25 and see
the pop3-server) - so it kind of looks like it refuses to let anyone
read the mail from any external adresses(will test this later as soon as
  i can).

No errors seem to be in the pop3server.log file!

Everything else seem to work btw! :)

Any pointer or references to earlier message(tried to see if problem was
known, but couldnt find it in previous messages on the list) would be nice

Thomas Skovsende

Re: Problem with contacting pop3 server with external IP

Posted by Thomas Skovsende <tt...@image.dk>.
Eric Weidner wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> POP3 is on port 110.
> SMTP is on port 25.

:)

A typo - thats how it is set up - what i meant was, that i CAN telnet to
the pop3 server on port 110 ofcourse :)

Posted by Eric Weidner <es...@pumavision.net>.
Thomas,

POP3 is on port 110.