Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by RJ <rj...@dag.com> on 2011/03/21 21:03:03 UTC

comparing xerces xml api and apache xmlschema 20 api

I am new to Xerces XMlSchemas project. Could you please point me to a  tutorial
which explains how to use the Xerces XMLSchemas API.
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/xs/index.html

I am going to be parsing XSD documents.

I was comparing Xerces XMlSchemas project and Apache XMLSchema 2.0 project
http://ws.apache.org/commons/xmlschema20/

The Xerces XMlSchemas project supports XMLSchema 1.1, therefor i was leaning
towards using it.

The Apache XMLSchema only support XMLSchema 1.0.

I would really appreciate comments/views on which would be a better project?

Re: comparing xerces xml api and apache xmlschema 20 api

Posted by RJ <rj...@dag.com>.
Thanks for the response

Re: comparing xerces xml api and apache xmlschema 20 api

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

The two APIs have different goals and scenarios that they were designed to
support. For some background you may want to review this thread [1] from
2009.

The PSVIWriter/PSVIParser [2][3], the xs.QueryXS and xs.XSSerializer
samples demonstrate how to use Xerces' XML Schema API.

The XML Schema API closely models the components described by the XML
Schema specification. A good understanding of the schema component model
would help you figure out how to use it.

Thanks.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/thajtw5shljpi5q2
[2] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/samples-xni.html#PSVIWriter
[3] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/samples-xni.html#PSVIParser