Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/02 10:22:35 UTC

Bug on delete snapshot function / CLOUDSTACK-9297

Hi;
2 weeks ago we noticed a bug on delete snapshot function/api for ACS 4.8.
We have created a jira ticket for this bug.

issue looks like its similar bug which was mentioned on CLOUDSTACK-8845 .
But because its on other function we have created new ticket.

Our idea is we like to store vm snapshots as disk backup even if we delete
its original(referenced) vm. To achieve this we made a test and we took
some snapshots of vm and after deleting its originating, same vm we noticed
that if we try to delete its snapshot ACS throws exception like "Error
Message : Unable to determine the storage pool of the snapshot."

We checked details from database and we noticed that issue is like
CLOUDSTACK-8845 and snapshot looses its reference vm id. There are more
rich details and test cases on jira ticket.

Does anyone likes to take and work on this issue, if someone could supply a
fix, we could directly make tests on our working environment.

Kindly Regards
Ozhan Ruzgar Karaman

Re: Bug on delete snapshot function / CLOUDSTACK-9297

Posted by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wei;
We will follow up the ticket with you and Mike's guidance.

Thanks
Özhan

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ozhan,