Posted to users@isis.apache.org by "Branham, Jeremy [HR]" <Je...@sprint.com> on 2014/12/20 15:26:59 UTC

How would I use neo4j with Apache Isis?

I am attempting to use neo4j as a backing store for Apache Isis but it looks like some development may be needed.
If I add the datanucleus-neo4j dependency, it appears the neo4j JDO connection is initializing but Apache Isis is expecting a different type of StoreManager.

This is the exception I get
org.datanucleus.store.neo4j.Neo4jStoreManager cannot be cast to org.datanucleus.store.schema.SchemaAwareStoreManager

How can I use neo4j as a backing store in Apache Isis?
I read about nosql support in Isis, but is it not part of the current release?http://isis.apache.org/components/objectstores/nosql/about.html

Thanks!

This question is also posted at -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27579653/how-would-i-use-neo4j-with-apache-isis

________________________________

This e-mail may contain Sprint proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

Re: How would I use neo4j with Apache Isis?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Sizwe, Jeremy

Great that you are both enthused on using Apache Isis with Neo4J.  I can't
claim any experience at all with it as a datastore (other than watching a
presentation or two at conferences/youtube) but it's gratifying to know
that our decision to use JDO/DataNucleus is opening this up as a
possibility for you.

If you can collaborate together that'd be great, but whichever, do tell us
of any issues/snags/gaps you encounter so that we can evolve Isis in order
to best support your use cases.

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.