Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Shi <hj...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/07 21:48:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 on Window 2000

Hi,
  I was able to compile Apache 2.0 with mod_ssl
using Cygwin on Windows 2000 and install openssl on
it.
I wable to start httpd no problem.

However the Apache seems to hang on any cgi script
both secoure (https) and non-secure (http).
It does not appear to be a configuration problem.

Is it a known problem?

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] FTP to my server

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> I'm still having problems getting my FTP port to work on my Apache 2.0.43
> http server. Can anyone tell me the easiest and the best way to setting up
> the FTP Port. My ISP got Port 21 blocked. Any ideas would be greatly
> appreciates.  I need it to set permission on the cgi files or is there
> another way of doing it from Windows 2000 Pro system?

FTP is seperate from HTTP.  You'll have to configure your FTP server to
listen on a different port and to tell your FTP client software to connect
on that port.

-Jacob

RE: [users@httpd] FTP to my server

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.com>.
Hi,

if you don't mind a patch from time to time, use the IIS FTP server.  I run
it too next to Apache, it's a joy to configure, but you're stuck with
Windows security (if that exists ofcourse).
It's a windows component you can add on the Add/Remove programs panel.

You could also use a program like Serv-U to run an FTP.

I hope that these answers aren't given yet... i was kind of delete happy on
the many mails I received today :s

Koen

[users@httpd] FTP to my server