Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/10 17:48:16 UTC

[James-NG] Groovy after all?

Hi,

One of the big arguments against Groovy in JamesNG was the IDE support,
and it seems not to hold in the near future.

I just found this work in progress, and it looks very promissing:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/IntelliJ+Plugin

Ahmed.

RE: [James-NG] Groovy after all?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> > "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> > > One of the big arguments against Groovy in JamesNG was
> > > the IDE support,
> > > and it seems not to hold in the near future.
> > ??  Where did you hear that?  Groovy works fine with
> > BSF, and there was some
> > work on BSF support.

> Check the thread where we discussed JamesNG.  There was
> concern the Groovy was a newer tech than Java or XML or
> the like, and so you would have less tool (and everything)
> support.  This primarily was in the context of using
> Groovy to assemble the JamesNG POJOs instead of a
> conventional container.

<<shrug>>  My comment was that Groovy should not be the way of doing config,
but it could be A way of driving configuration.  That is far from saying
that JAMES should not have support for Groovy.

	--- Noel

Re: [James-NG] Groovy after all?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:23:41 -0500
  "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
>> One of the big arguments against Groovy in JamesNG was
>>the IDE support,
>> and it seems not to hold in the near future.
>
> ??  Where did you hear that?  Groovy works fine with
>BSF, and there was some
> work on BSF support.

Noel, I think you've been working too many hours lately.
 You seem to have skimmed or lost context of many threads.
:)

--
Serge Knystautas

RE: [James-NG] Groovy after all?