Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sun House <su...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/24 13:33:20 UTC

open Excel 2000 bug

Hi All,
I have a JSP page that eventually opens Excel page.

I got my content type set to be "application/vnd.ms-excel"
I also work with FOP to serialize the Excel.

I got this working for both Win 2000 and XP , and for Office XP and 2003, but for Office 2000 I got an Error generating the Ecxel.

If i look at localhost access log, I see that the page is somehow been called 2 again  times:
GET /ExcelReportGenerationPage.jsp?reportName=ResourceExcelRep HTTP/1.1" 200 5120
LOCK /ExcelReportGenerationPage.jsp?reportName%3DResourceExcelRep HTTP/1.1" 500 2170
GET /eBopBrowser/jsp/ReportGenerationPage.jsp?reportName=ResourceExcelRep HTTP/1.1" 200 5120

I know that 500 indicates an internal Error of the server, but i don't understand what is the lock doing here.
I understand that it relates ot webDav - but why is it here? od i use WebDav without my knowledge?
I use tomcat 5.027

How come in Excel 2000 i got this Error?
I looked in Microsoft and FOP mailing lists as well with no success.
Any one?

Regards
Sun House

http://mail.yahoo.com