Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/23 11:12:17 UTC

KEYS on people

Hi all,

I recently wanted to check the RC with signatures and needed to ask
were the key files is. Today I saw, there is a chance to use a global
KEYS file:

http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html
"PGP keys may additionally be added to your profile on
https://id.apache.org/. This will cause them to be added to
https://people.apache.org/keys/, and make them available to other
infrastructure tools in the future."

Then it would be available here:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/

I guess it would be fantastic for the paranoid users to just have one
place to check.

Is it in your interest to use that service?

Cheers
Christian

Re: KEYS on people

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 23/06/11 7:12 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> I guess it would be fantastic for the paranoid users to just have one
> place to check.
>
> Is it in your interest to use that service?

Yes, good idea. I hadn't realised that there was a central key repository at Apache.

For any other committer who wants to do this, here's the short instructions:

1. Create your PGP key using one of the many tools. The GPG tools are nice for OSX.
2. Make sure you add your apache.org address to the key and upload to a key server

You should be able to search for it like this:

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=ari%40ish.com.au&op=index&fingerprint=on

3. Log into https://id.apache.org and put your fingerprint there.

Since I've only just done step 3, I can't see what is next. But I think that's it.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis