Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kenneth McDonald <ke...@sbcglobal.net> on 2004/05/19 01:12:13 UTC

Any way to set relative root for svnserve?

Let me clarify that...

I've set up a separate account, 'svnuser', under OS X, to serve as the
owner of my subversion repositories. The repositories are located in
that account's home directory, /Users/svnuser, which means that I
can access them something like:

svn co svn://localhost/Users/svnuser/myrepository/...

I'd prefer that the "/Users/svnuser" part of the URL 'weren't there',
i.e.
that svnserve as I started it understood the concept that /Users/svnuser
is the root directory of all repositories it should be serving. I've
tried this
using 'chroot', but couldn't get chroot to actually run with
/Users/svnserve
as the 'new root', for reasons I have no understanding of.

Is there any way of doing this from within svnserve? Or is this the sort
of thing one is expected to go to Apache for?

Also, if anyone has svnserve running under OS X 10.3 in inetd (-i)
mode, would they mind posting their config files? I've been unable
to get it to run under xinetd, and am currently using daemon mode.

Thanks,
Ken

Re: Any way to set relative root for svnserve?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 20:12, Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> svn co svn://localhost/Users/svnuser/myrepository/...
>
> I'd prefer that the "/Users/svnuser" part of the URL 'weren't there',

Yes indeed...

> Is there any way of doing this from within svnserve?

...and have you bothered to run 'man svnserve', or read chapter 6 of the
book?  :-)

Try using the -r switch with svnserve.