Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ahmad Siddiqi <mu...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/08 21:09:04 UTC

Suppress namespace prefix in SOAP request using JiBX

Hi,

I am using Axis2 1.6.0 with JiBX 1.2.3.

I have a web service client that sends out SOAP messages. I need to remove
the namespace prefixes from those messages. So far I have tried two
approaches:

1. Using the -sp option, which doesn't work. So, probably it's meant for ADB
only.

2. Setting default="none" in the binding/namespace element of the JiBX
binding.xml file, e.g.
       <namespace uri="http://webservices.abc.com/Customer/2.0"
default="none" prefix="tns"/>

Option 2 works in JiBX generated code itself. If I use the
IMarshallingContext class's marshalDocument() method, the generated XML
doesn't have any namespace prefix. However, now WSDL2Java fails with an
exception e.g.

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: No mapping defined for element {
http://webservices.abc.com/Customer/2.0}UpdateCustomer

Is there any way to suppress namespaces in SOAP requests while using JiBX ?

Thanks !

Ahmad