Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Hilmi Yildirim <hi...@neofonie.de> on 2015/05/22 15:52:33 UTC

Write File on specific machine

Hi,
I want to write the result of a batch process into a file. I want that
the result is written on a specific machine. For example, I have 4
machines (m1.example.com, m2.example.com, m3.example.com,
m4.example.com). Now, I want that the results go to m1 and that m1
writes the result in a file in its local filesystem.

Does anyone knows how I can do that?

Best Regards,
Hilmi

Hilmi Yildirim
Software Developer R&D

http://www.neofonie.de

Besuchen Sie den Neo Tech Blog für Anwender:
http://blog.neofonie.de/

Folgen Sie uns:
https://plus.google.com/+neofonie
http://www.linkedin.com/company/neofonie-gmbh
https://www.xing.com/companies/neofoniegmbh

Neofonie GmbH | Robert-Koch-Platz 4 | 10115 Berlin
Handelsregister Berlin-Charlottenburg: HRB 67460
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Kitlitschko

Re: Write File on specific machine

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
A work around might be to set the parallelism to 1 as Till suggested and
write into a network-shared directory.
Nonetheless, it sounds like a good feature to support strict assignments of
data sink tasks to machines.

Fabian

Posted by Hilmi Yildirim <hi...@neofonie.de>.
Hi Till,