Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rob Dennett <ro...@tmit1.org> on 2006/05/05 17:50:00 UTC

Testing pages

Can you test your pages using HtmlUnit with mock services?  I have a service that is drawing data from the database and I would like to fake that for testing purposes, but I can’t figure out how to do it.

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Re: Testing pages

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Rob Dennett <rob_dennett <at> tmit1.org> writes:

> Can you test your pages using HtmlUnit with mock services?  I have a service
> that is drawing data from the database and I would like to fake that for
> testing purposes, but I can’t figure out how to do it.

The way I do it is to create an XXXTestCaller external page to setup the
fixture, call the page being tested and check the results.

--
Kent Tong
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: Testing pages

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
We implemented all our tests with HtmlUnit. I'm very happy with it. With
tapestry 4,  there is an id tag rendered with every component, it makes it
very easy to test stuff with HtmlUnit!
I'm not sure what do you mean with mock services?

Henri.