Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 17:51:29 UTC

Splitting Promotions to present them like price rules

Hi every one

We have a very peculiar client who wants , to see global promotions ( -10%
on total amount)
split onto each line according to the amount of product in cart .
This has to be applied on each line so that Taxes are calculated to this
promoted value for each line.
I know this is very weird but that's the client's ideas.

So I wonder if anybody has ever done this ?
Any good ideas are welcome.

I'm aware of how price rules should only be applied on the product level and
promotions on cart,payment and checkout
but we would need something in between.
The way price rules work might be a good way to go, by having dynamic price
rules
modifying on each cart Item and only applied on final processes (cart,
payment, recap, checkout...) , isn't it ?
offcourse we'll have to make a difference between classic price rules and
global price rules.
Can anybody think of any dangerous impact this might have.

Thanks for your thoughts
Tibor

Re: Splitting Promotions to present them like price rules

Posted by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com>.
This ProductPromoWorker method seems to answer exactly to our needs
   doOrderItemPromoAction
does anybody have any counter side ideas to using this method to ventilate
global prommotions onto each cart  line ?

Regards

Tibor