Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/02/06 19:50:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r619009 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml

Hi David,

I think you should also change the eol property at the same time...

Craig

On Feb 6, 2008, at 7:02 AM, dezzio@apache.org wrote:

> Author: dezzio
> Date: Wed Feb  6 07:02:40 2008
> New Revision: 619009

> Log:
> Corrected (I hope) the DOS line endings
>
> Modified:
>    openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml
>
> Modified: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: svn commit: r619009 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml

Posted by David Ezzio <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Patrick,

Again, I'll be happy to change the metadata once it is known what the
EOL setting should be.  Any file with the "as-is" value will store on
commit whatever line endings are on the client.  If a developer does as
I did and inadvertently changes the line endings on his client before
check in, all of the line endings for that file will change in the
repository.  The only way to restore it to its original state is to
change them on the client again and recheck them in.

Changing the EOL metadata is a great idea, but what value do you want
all of the "as-is" files (about 60% of the files) to take?  And a
related question, when should the end of line metadata for a file be
changed?

My suggestion is that we regiment the EOL setting for all text files to
"native".  It looks like we may have started down that path, since about
40% of the text files have that setting.

David

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: svn commit: r619009 - /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml

Posted by David Ezzio <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Craig,