Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/09 13:43:39 UTC

[DRAFT] Board report for March 2022

Here is the draft report, all feedback welcome:

The mission of Apache Commons is the creation and maintenance of Java
focused
reusable libraries and components

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Commons was founded 2007-06-19 (15 years ago)
There are currently 149 committers and 42 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Matt Juntunen on 2021-06-25.
- We welcomed Claude Warren, who was added as committer on 2022-02-01.

## Project Activity:
Commons Lang did not have releases this period; we are working through a
compatibility issue with newer versions of Maven which broken one of our
build
plugins. Releases should start flowing again soon we hope.

## Community Health:
We are semi-healthy, we have a smallish group of active commiters that
manage
activity on email, Jira, and GitHub. Using GitHub for pull-requests is
working
well. Overall, email activity is down, but this is likely due to throttling
GitHub Dependabot checks from once a day to once a week, resulting in fewer
emails from Dependabot.

-- end--