Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl> on 2016/04/04 13:30:19 UTC

Re: [ANN] Apache Isis version 1.12.0 Released

Hi Dan,

Will the addons also be updated soon? I can't find them in the central
maven repo.

Erik

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
Ok. thanks. I haven't tried it yet using the 1.11-addons but will do that.

Erik

Posted by Cesar Lugo <ce...@sisorg.com.mx>.
This commands switch to Java 8 by default in Google Cloud, by raising the priority.

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bi
n/java 20000

Cesar.

I'll do them this week.  But in the meantime the v1.11.0 should work fine, I don't foresee any incompatibilities.

Thx
Dan

On 4 April 2016 at 12:30, Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Will the addons also be updated soon? I can't find them in the central
> maven repo.
>
> Erik
>
> On 03/29/2016 08:04 PM, Dan Haywood wrote:
>
>> The Apache Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
>> Isis v1.12.0.
>>
>> New features in this release include:
>>
>> * much enhanced support for custom layouts, using an optional
>> separate XML layout file "Xxx.layout.xml".  This is similar in
>> concept to the earlier support we have had for custom layouts through
>> a `.layout.json` file, but introduces the ability to position object
>> members anywhere using
>> (bootstrap3) columns and rows.  It also brings in support for
>> tabgroups, and allows object members to be included in the page more
>> than once (eg a table view and also a calendar view).
>>
>> * a change to the editing of objects: rather than an 'edit' button
>> which toggles the entire page into edit mode, instead each property
>> is edited individually.
>>
>> * various new domain services.  Some of these are in supoprt of the
>> dynamic layouts functionality, others including new access into
>> Apache Isis'
>> metamodel.  In addition, the `DomainObjectContainer` service has been
>> deprecated, replaced by a number of fine-grained services such as
>> `RepositoryService` and `MessageService`.
>>
>> * a number of new mixins, to automatically surface in the UI an
>> entity's id, version (if any) as properties, and actions to download
>> the layout XML and other metadata actions.  (These can always be
>> hidden using either security or by writing a subscriber; see the migration notes).
>>
>> * JAXB view models are now automatically editable by default.
>>
>> Full release notes are available on the Apache Isis website at [1].
>> Please
>> also read the migration notes [2].
>>
>> You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo [3],
>> or download the release and build it from source [4].
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> --The Apache Isis team
>>
>> [1] http://isis.apache.org/release-notes.html#r1.12.0
>> [2]
>>
>> http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes.html#_migration-notes_1.11.0-t
>> o-1.12.0
>> [3] http://search.maven.org
>> [4] http://isis.apache.org/downloads.html

---

Re: [ANN] Apache Isis version 1.12.0 Released

Posted by German Vivero <ge...@colonia-suiza.com>.
tnk Dan, as always , very nice job...

[image: Description: M HD:Users:msolevaz:Documents:CUCAMONGA:COLONIA
SUIZA:PIE DE MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p1.png]

*Germán Vivero*

Sistemas

Tel. (+5411) 6009.2626 - int. 425

german.vivero@colonia-suiza.com <ju...@colonia-suiza.com>

[image: Description: M HD:Users:msolevaz:Documents:CUCAMONGA:COLONIA
SUIZA:PIE DE MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p2.png]

[image: Description: M HD:Users:msolevaz:Documents:CUCAMONGA:COLONIA
SUIZA:PIE DE MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p3.png]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/colonia-suiza-salud?trk=top_nav_home>[image:
MAIL CSS:Pie Octubre15:CSS-Firma-Oct15-p4.png]
<http://www.colonia-suiza.com/>
<http://www.colonia-suiza.com/>

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.