Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Paul Harrison <pa...@personifi.com> on 2005/10/06 21:35:03 UTC

Adsense on Nutch

Does anyone know how to implement Adsense on a Nutch implementation?  I
don't quite understand how the dynamic results would work with Adsense.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Adsense on Nutch

Posted by Richard Rodrigues <ri...@retspan.info>.
You can find an example here :
http://www.kelforum.com:8080/search.jsp?query=P2P

In first time, google only generate ads from the URL key words.
But after few opening, ads are also based on the result page content.

Richard

Posted by Jonah Gold <ha...@gmail.com>.
I'm sure this is true, but It seems to work  OK on my Nutch pages
even without premium service, somehow - we've got it up on our newly-
launched Nutch search at http://www.slwebsearch.com. I suspect it
looks at the URL if it hasn't crawled the page, and thus comes up
with search term-relevant advertising anyway,  so long as you're
showing your search term in your URL. I have not tested this theory,
but it certainly does, for instance, give me sheep-related ads if I
search "sheep."

--
jonah

On Oct 6, 2005, at 6:12 PM, Andy Liu wrote:

> AdSense crawls content offline and analyzes the content to display
> contexual
> ads. So it's designed for (mostly) static content. If you want to
> display
> full-blown search-term advertising on the fly, I think that's a
> "premium"
> service and you'd have to go through an account rep for that. You
> have to
> have sufficient traffic to qualify for this service. At least
> that's how it
> worked when I last worked with AdSense.
>
> Andy
>
> On 10/6/05, Paul Harrison <pa...@personifi.com> wrote:
>

>> Does anyone know how to implement Adsense on a Nutch
>> implementation? I
>> don't quite understand how the dynamic results would work with
>> Adsense.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Paul
>>

> --
> Andy Liu
> andyliu1227@gmail.com
> (301) 873-8458

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jonah Gold
The Electric Sheep Company, Inc.
p: (240) 997-4298  fax: (505) 212-5302
e: jonah@electricsheepcompany.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Re: Adsense on Nutch

Posted by Andy Liu <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Andy Liu
andyliu1227@gmail.com

Receiving 0 results after index task completes

Posted by Gal Nitzan <gn...@usa.net>.
Hi,

After bin/nutch index task completes, a search request returns 0 results.

from tomcat log - before running index task:
051006 055903 12 Client connection to 127.0.0.1:8090: starting
051006 055903 11 STATS: 1 servers, 6 segments.
051006 055903 11 query request from 199.203.67.010
051006 055903 11 query: apple
051006 055904 11 searching for 20 raw hits
051006 055905 11 re-searching for 40 raw hits, query: apple
-site:"www.apple.com" -site:"www.orange.com" -site:"www.lemon.gov"
051006 055905 11 found 99 raw hits
051006 055907 11 total hits: 389
from tomcat log after index task completes:
051007 062612 14 query request from 199.203.67.010
051007 062612 14 query: apple
051007 062612 14 searching for 20 raw hits
051007 062616 13 Querying segments from search servers...
051007 062616 13 STATS: 1 servers, 6 segments.
051007 062622 14 total hits: 0
after restart of search server and tomcat:
051007 062944 11 STATS: 1 servers, 7 segments.
051007 062945 11 query request from 199.203.67.010
051007 062945 11 query: apple
051007 062945 11 searching for 20 raw hits
051007 062946 11 re-searching for 40 raw hits, query: apple
-site:"www.apple.com" -site:"www.orange.com" -site:"www.lemon.gov"
051007 062946 11 found 103 raw hits
051007 062948 11 total hits: 416

Is it the default behavior or I'm missing something?

Regards,

Gal

Re: Adsense on Nutch

Posted by Howie Wang <ho...@hotmail.com>.
I have robots.txt to exclude my search page, but I don't seem
to have problems displaying adsense ads. It seems like the
first few times I do a specific query I tend to get a PSA, but
after that it starts showing targeted ads. Maybe the Google
ad code is an AJAX app that makes an XmlHttpRequest and
passes the content of the page to a Google server that determines
which ads to show.

Howie

Re: Adsense on Nutch