Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Ament <my...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/08 17:26:00 UTC

Question about maven-war-plugin

Hey all

I recently converted an ant build we had into a maven build.

There's a top level aggregator with sub projects that have various parts of
the application - the end result is an EAR file.
Within the ear file are several EJB and WAR modules.  I noticed with the WAR
modules, when I define the web resources as being

                <configuration>
                    <webResources>
                        <resource>
                            <!-- this is relative to the pom.xml directory
-->
                            <directory>WebContent</directory>
                        </resource>
                    </webResources>
                </configuration>

It works correctly for the local project build, but fails in the top level
build.
Similarly, if I prefix the directory with the project folder first, then it
works for the top level but not the individual project.

Any thoughts?  Should this be happening?

John

Re: Question about maven-war-plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Have you configured this in build/plugins in the top level POM by any
chance?

If so you should move it to build/pluginManagement.

--
Dennis Lundberg