Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/18 03:17:41 UTC

Action redirect passing object

I need away to redirect to Action1  parameters and after processing and
creating an object, I need to pass this object to Action2 for further
processing.

That's what I am doing:

<action name="getAccount" class="action.AccountAction"
method="getAccountById">
            <result  name="success" type="redirect-action">
                    <param name="actionName">getMessages</param>
                    <param name="parse">true</param>
                    <param name="account">${account}</param>
            </result>
 </action>

the problem is Action 2 is not getting the parameter which is an obj.
Any Idea?

Re: Action redirect passing object

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's working now. I just changed the redirect-action
> to chain.  I don't know what's the difference, but
> it's working.

I'd recommend exploring the differences a bit more;
there might be some important things to learn about
how HTTP works, the nature of requests and forwards,
etc.

d.

Re: Action redirect passing object

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.