Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/12/12 14:30:14 UTC

Re: [website][patch] Add instructions for setting up mail to newbie.xml

Hi, Phil and all.

Did you make it? If you failed, I think i can
apply the patch for it (I am *not* subscribing to
infrastructure@, now).

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

P.S. You can edit .forward (or .qmail) via not only "vi" but
also "emacs", as a matter of course :-)

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:37:06 -0700
(Subject: Re: [website][patch] Add instructions for setting up mail to newbie.xml)

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:06:34 -0700
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>

>>I did make the patch and posted it in an email to infrastructure@ on
>>11/23.  It has not been applied.

Darn!  I referenced the wrong post.  I got some feedback and incorporated
that in a revised patch submitted 11/26.  Attached is a patch against the
current head that makes the suggested changes.

> Please cross-check.
>

>>If we do get this applied, we should change the Jakarta Newbie page to
>>point to this for mail account setup questions.
>

> Added.

What I meant was to change the link on newbie.html to point to the new
section on the apache site.  I guess its OK to duplicate, but the comments
about sending from apache accounts should probably provide a reference to
apache.org/dev/committers.html

Thanks for applying the patch and sorry for my mistake with the reference.

Phil

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Phil Steitz wrote:

> I did make the patch and posted it in an email to infrastructure@ on
> 11/23.  It has not been applied.

Okey. Applied. Many thanks.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> Hi, Phil and all.
>
> Did you make it? If you failed, I think i can
> apply the patch for it (I am *not* subscribing to
> infrastructure@, now).

I did make the patch and posted it in an email to infrastructure@ on
11/23.  It has not been applied.

I am attaching the patch to site/xdocs/dev/committers.xml that I created
on 11/22.