Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/16 14:53:05 UTC

Two hadoop nodes on same machine while a second machine not joining the cluster

Hi,

I have a test cluster of two machines, on both of them hadoop is installed.
I've configured the hadoop cluster but on admin UI (as in the below
picture) I see that two nodes are running on the same master machine, and
that the other machine has no Hadoop node.

[image: enter image description here]

On master machine following services are running:

~$ jps
26310 ResourceManager
27593 Jps
26216 DataNode
26135 NameNode
26557 NodeManager
26701 JobHistoryServer

On the slave machine:

~$ jps
2614 DataNode
2920 Jps
2707 NodeManager

I don't why the slave is not joining the cluster (It was before). I tried
to shutdown all servers on both machines and format HDFS then restarting
everything but that didn't help. Any help to figure what's causing that
behavior is appreciated.

Re: Two hadoop nodes on same machine while a second machine not joining the cluster

Posted by Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>.
Fixed, the two machines had same hostname :(

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the content of configuration files on both machines:
>
> Here is the content of *core-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>fs.default.name</name>
>     <value>hdfs://hadoop-server</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>
> Here is the content of *mapred-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
>     <value>yarn</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM, vedavyasa reddy <
> vedavyas.veda92@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> check in slave node Hadoop_home/etc/hadoop/"core-site.xml"whether host
>> name of the master is given correctly or not. i.e.,
>> "hdfs://master-hostname:9000"
>>
>> and if these is correct then check the "mapred-site.xml" whether "job
>> Tracker address" is given correct or not.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a test cluster of two machines, on both of them hadoop is
>>> installed. I've configured the hadoop cluster but on admin UI (as in the
>>> below picture) I see that two nodes are running on the same master machine,
>>> and that the other machine has no Hadoop node.
>>>
>>> [image: enter image description here]
>>>
>>> On master machine following services are running:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 26310 ResourceManager
>>> 27593 Jps
>>> 26216 DataNode
>>> 26135 NameNode
>>> 26557 NodeManager
>>> 26701 JobHistoryServer
>>>
>>> On the slave machine:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 2614 DataNode
>>> 2920 Jps

Posted by Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>.
Fixed, the two machines had same hostname :(

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the content of configuration files on both machines:
>
> Here is the content of *core-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>fs.default.name</name>
>     <value>hdfs://hadoop-server</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>
> Here is the content of *mapred-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
>     <value>yarn</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM, vedavyasa reddy <
> vedavyas.veda92@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> check in slave node Hadoop_home/etc/hadoop/"core-site.xml"whether host
>> name of the master is given correctly or not. i.e.,
>> "hdfs://master-hostname:9000"
>>
>> and if these is correct then check the "mapred-site.xml" whether "job
>> Tracker address" is given correct or not.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a test cluster of two machines, on both of them hadoop is
>>> installed. I've configured the hadoop cluster but on admin UI (as in the
>>> below picture) I see that two nodes are running on the same master machine,
>>> and that the other machine has no Hadoop node.
>>>
>>> [image: enter image description here]
>>>
>>> On master machine following services are running:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 26310 ResourceManager
>>> 27593 Jps
>>> 26216 DataNode
>>> 26135 NameNode
>>> 26557 NodeManager
>>> 26701 JobHistoryServer
>>>
>>> On the slave machine:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 2614 DataNode
>>> 2920 Jps

Posted by Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>.
Fixed, the two machines had same hostname :(

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the content of configuration files on both machines:
>
> Here is the content of *core-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>fs.default.name</name>
>     <value>hdfs://hadoop-server</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>
> Here is the content of *mapred-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
>     <value>yarn</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM, vedavyasa reddy <
> vedavyas.veda92@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> check in slave node Hadoop_home/etc/hadoop/"core-site.xml"whether host
>> name of the master is given correctly or not. i.e.,
>> "hdfs://master-hostname:9000"
>>
>> and if these is correct then check the "mapred-site.xml" whether "job
>> Tracker address" is given correct or not.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a test cluster of two machines, on both of them hadoop is
>>> installed. I've configured the hadoop cluster but on admin UI (as in the
>>> below picture) I see that two nodes are running on the same master machine,
>>> and that the other machine has no Hadoop node.
>>>
>>> [image: enter image description here]
>>>
>>> On master machine following services are running:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 26310 ResourceManager
>>> 27593 Jps
>>> 26216 DataNode
>>> 26135 NameNode
>>> 26557 NodeManager
>>> 26701 JobHistoryServer
>>>
>>> On the slave machine:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 2614 DataNode
>>> 2920 Jps

Posted by Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>.
Fixed, the two machines had same hostname :(

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the content of configuration files on both machines:
>
> Here is the content of *core-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>fs.default.name</name>
>     <value>hdfs://hadoop-server</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>
> Here is the content of *mapred-site.xml*
> <configuration>
>   <property>
>     <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
>     <value>yarn</value>
>   </property>
> </configuration>
>

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM, vedavyasa reddy <
> vedavyas.veda92@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> check in slave node Hadoop_home/etc/hadoop/"core-site.xml"whether host
>> name of the master is given correctly or not. i.e.,
>> "hdfs://master-hostname:9000"
>>
>> and if these is correct then check the "mapred-site.xml" whether "job
>> Tracker address" is given correct or not.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Arbi Akhina <ar...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a test cluster of two machines, on both of them hadoop is
>>> installed. I've configured the hadoop cluster but on admin UI (as in the
>>> below picture) I see that two nodes are running on the same master machine,
>>> and that the other machine has no Hadoop node.
>>>
>>> [image: enter image description here]
>>>
>>> On master machine following services are running:
>>>
>>> ~$ jps
>>> 26310 ResourceManager
>>> 27593 Jps
>>> 26216 DataNode