Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by "Meehan, Kevin M" <Ke...@ca.com> on 2016/12/05 16:24:37 UTC

Internalization and Calcite Driver

Hello,
How does the Calcite driver handle internalization?  Any information around this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin

Kevin Meehan
Sr Principal Product Manager
CA Technologies | One CA Plaza | Islandia, NY 11749
Office: +1 631 342 5691 | Kevin.Meehan@ca.com

<ma...@ca.com>[CA][http://www.scaledagileacademy.com/resource/resmgr/Certification_Marks/SA-150.png]
<http://www.ca.com/us/default.aspx>
[Twitter]<http://twitter.com/CAInc>[LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/1372?goback=.cps_1244823420724_1>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/CATechnologies>[YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/user/catechnologies>[Google+]<https://plus.google.com/+CATechnologies>[Slideshare]<http://www.slideshare.net/cainc>

Re: Internalization and Calcite Driver

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I presume you mean internationalization?

There are facilities for localizing error messages (see CalciteResource.properties) but I don’t know whether anyone has taken the effort to do this.

We handle various character encodings, both in the JSON transport and the Protobuf transport.

Anything else you are concerned about?

Julian