Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by borg borg <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/04 20:32:33 UTC

EA: Tomcat not shutting down properly

I have RH 7.0, java 1.3_02, Tomcat latest ( I think 3.21 )
Running it in VMWare

installed on directory
/usr/local/share/tomcat

I start it as follows
bin/startup.sh

Everything works great, it starts fine and I can hit it without a problem

but when i try to stop it
bin/shutdown.sh

I get the following error:

java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect( Native Method )
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect( PlainSocketImpl.java:323 )
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainImpl.java:123 )

When I'm at home on my 3 computers this doesnt happen it shuts down
properly.  But at work it always does this which means its still running.