Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net> on 2005/07/18 20:36:12 UTC

Oracle ADF JSF

Hi.

1. Do oracle ADF JSF components work with MyFaces? Any real experience?

2. Any info on ADF licensing? I was recently contacted by Oracle
marketing person, but she had no idea what the license is.

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Oracle ADF JSF

Posted by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net>.
Hi.

Thank you for the answers!

> 1. Yes, ADF Faces work with MyFaces. There is a how to available on OTN

Yes, I've seen the howto. The question was mainly about practical usage
in a real-life project.

> 2. We announced the new pricing strategy for JDeveloper and Oracle ADF
> at JavaOne. JDeveloper is free and Oracle ADF (which includes ADF Faces)
> comes with the Oracle AS license for free. If your customer is not using
> Oracle AS the price for Oracle ADF (including ADF Faces) is priced per
> CPU. The official price is in the public pricing list and I think it is
> $5000 per CPU.

Thanks, this is already quite concrete. Is there a possibility to
license components without the ADF? We are basically looking for good
JSF component palettes.

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Oracle ADF JSF

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi Aleksei,

1. Yes, ADF Faces work with MyFaces. There is a how to available on OTN

2. We announced the new pricing strategy for JDeveloper and Oracle ADF
at JavaOne. JDeveloper is free and Oracle ADF (which includes ADF Faces)
comes with the Oracle AS license for free. If your customer is not using
Oracle AS the price for Oracle ADF (including ADF Faces) is priced per
CPU. The official price is in the public pricing list and I think it is
$5000 per CPU.

- Jonas

Aleksei Valikov wrote:

> Hi.
>
> 1. Do oracle ADF JSF components work with MyFaces? Any real experience?
>
> 2. Any info on ADF licensing? I was recently contacted by Oracle
> marketing person, but she had no idea what the license is.
>
> Bye.
> /lexi

*Jonas Jacobi
*Principal Product Manager - JSF & ADF Faces
Oracle JDeveloper
Oracle, Redwood Shores, CA
*Blog*: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi
*Site*: http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/jsf.html