Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@google.com> on 2013/01/20 15:14:54 UTC

Cygwin for Windows

I'm sure this has come up some time in the past, but why not require cygwin
so that our scripts will work on windows? Cygwin has been a requirement of
most of the windows projects I've worked on in the past (when at different
companies).

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
+1 to node

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Benn Mapes <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 Node....

RE: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@rim.com>.

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
++

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
+1

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
I think we have someone internally here who will look at making the create
script more descriptive when errors occur. One thing Don Coleman mentioned
a while back and I haven't yet responded (sorry Don) is to have a script
that checks the dependencies and downloads/installs everything you need to
get going.

I've been working with another open source project lately that does just
that. It would be an interesting area to look at.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Re: Cygwin for Windows

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.