Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/09/07 18:27:10 UTC

Re: Native Language and Localization pages on cwiki might benefit from some organization

On 25/04/2014 Kay Schenk wrote:
> Currently, we have these four areas/page on the cwiki --
> [1] Native Language Projects (under Project Planning)
> [2] Localization Plan (under Project Planning)
> [3] Localization Planning (top level)
> [4] Localization Volunteers (top level)
> Can someone more involved with this area take a look at these and
> perhaps combine under one heading?

Coming back to this message from months ago: I think that you made most
of them obsolete (and this is excellent!) by writing the new
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/native-lang.html

Reviewing each of them, I think we can do as follows:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Native+Language+Projects
dies and is redirected to http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html
(where I made some updates)

Its child page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Committers+native+languages
is unmaintained and will simply be redirected to
http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#openoffice

#2 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Localization+Plan

This is not a localization plan at all, but a set of technical
instructions, to be moved to
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Localization+Planning

This is a simple list of links and it can stay if links exist to it, but
we could just remove it altogether.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Localization+Volunteers

Outdated, but all lists are outdated. I would keep the URL but make it a
child page of
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Directory+of+Volunteers

Regards,
   Andrea.