Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by St...@savillemail.com on 2000/07/28 08:59:47 UTC

Re: Re[2]: Tomcat "Sudden Death"

I imagine it is, but I'm not sure.

I've been wondering whether it could be some random process writing a stop
command (by coincidence) to the ajp12 port. When given the shutdown signal,
Tomcat does a System.exit(0) without logging anything.

Steve.

joseph@figtree.com.sg on 29/07/2000 07:23:40

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; Please respond to
      joseph@figtree.com.sg

 To:      tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 cc:      (bcc: Steven Shaw/Net)

 Subject: Re[2]: Tomcat "Sudden Death"

Hello Steven,

SSsc> I get this too. With Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1 on HP-UX with java 1.2. I've also
seen
SSsc> it on AIX.

SSsc> What version/platform(s) are you using?

Solaris 2.6. Is this a bug from Tomcat?

--
Best regards,
Joseph Then

Re: Tomcat "Sudden Death"

Posted by Robert Ellman <re...@shell9.ba.best.com>.
This sounds a lot like the problem I saw, which I posted a question as "
"Can't get Tomcat to run".  I still haven't figured out what's going on,
but tomcat exits by itself with the following:

java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
shutdown due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system
call
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007]
shutdown due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system
call

--Rob Ellman