Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/05/07 00:58:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] draft Incubator graduation request

Hi,

The following is a draft request for the Incubator PMC to graduate
OpenJPA to TLP status. The request will be in the form of a VOTE to
recommend the board resolution (minor tweaks are being discussed in a
parallel thread).

Please review and comment. I'll incorporate comments as I receive
them, but expect to send the request to the Incubator a few days
after getting the last comment, to be sure everyone can comment on
the comments. The earliest would be Wednesday 9-May-2007.

Craig

Dear Incubator,

The OpenJPA podling respectfully requests the Incubator to consider
its graduation to a Top Level Project. Please vote on recommending
the attached draft board resolution.

[ ] +1 Recommend to the board to establish Apache OpenJPA
[ ] -1 Do not recommend establishing Apache OpenJPA because...

Over the past several months the OpenJPA community has grown from a
single large donation to a diverse community of contributors and
users. OpenJPA meets the technical requirements for diversity, with
committers from three and PPMC members from four independent
organizations.

Committers from other Apache projects have not only used the
incubating releases as dependencies in their projects but provided
patches to OpenJPA as well.

The OpenJPA community prepared and voted out two releases performed
by different release managers.

The community readily agreed on the bike-shed issues of code
formatting and indentation, and there has been no resurrection of
these issues. The community had issues with commit-then-review versus
review-then-commit and resolved them win-win. Most recently, a public
issue regarding the proposed charter of the TLP was resolved.

During the process of incubation, the PPMC learned how to govern
itself, voting in new committers and PPMC members.

Mentors offered invaluable advice and assistance in getting the
project set up and organized.

The status file for OpenJPA can be found at: http://svn.apache.org/
repos/asf/incubator/openjpa/STATUS

The incubator checklist web page for OpenJPA can be found at: http://
incubator.apache.org/projects/openjpa.html

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: [DISCUSS] draft Incubator graduation request

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Looks perfect to me.

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Ship it.  :-)