Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "L. C. Light" <go...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/24 01:57:44 UTC

Could not find font: /F3 (pdfbox 2.0.2)

Hi!

I'm running into the following (old?) error with PDFBox 2.0.2:

ERROR [main][ReceiptSvc]: *Could not find font: /F3*
java.io.IOException: Could not find font: /F3
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.processSetFont(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:170)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.processOperator(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:131)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.processAppearanceStringOperators(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:107)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDDefaultAppearanceString.<init>(PDDefaultAppearanceString.java:85)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDVariableText.getDefaultAppearanceString(PDVariableText.java:93)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.AppearanceGeneratorHelper.<init>(AppearanceGeneratorHelper.java:90)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDTextField.constructAppearances(PDTextField.java:262)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAcroForm.refreshAppearances(PDAcroForm.java:324)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAcroForm.flatten(PDAcroForm.java:213)
~[pdfbox-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]

Basically all I'm trying to do is to flatten all of the document fields
with refreshAppearances = true. (The fields are set in the code before the
flatten() call, thus if refreshAppearances = false, nothing will be shown
in the final document.)

The old issue (PDFBOX-1238) suggested the usage of NonSequentialPDFParser,
however (as far as I've seen) this has been already merged into the current
PDFParser.

Could you please help?

Thanks
LC

Re: Could not find font: /F3 (pdfbox 2.0.2)

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

> Am 25.07.2016 um 01:09 schrieb L. C. Light <go...@gmail.com>:
>
> Yeah, it is quite obvious from the stacktrace that "F3" is a font name, but
> where does this name come from?

the name is part of the default appearance string which defines, apart form possible other setting, the font and the font size to use for formatting the field value.

> What other names should I expect? (Of
> course I can collect all of the font names referenced in the document, and
> assign a PDType1Font value to them, but this is more like a hack then a
> proper solution.)
>
> The pdf document (and form) I'm trying to flatten is created from the
> following source file (
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_3O22Jn2egYWlfazJrNzA2RGc/view) by
> adding the pages and the modified fields from the source to the destination
> document.

which version of PDFBox are you using? Could you provide a short sample code to replicate the issue?

BR
Maruan

Posted by "L. C. Light" <go...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, it is quite obvious from the stacktrace that "F3" is a font name, but
where does this name come from? What other names should I expect? (Of

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,